While JAM/NCC/Vittoria is in Asheville, N.C. for the Cyclocross National Championships, we've had some time to ponder. This morning over breakfast, Al Donahue, Ellen Noble, Scott Smith and Jack Kisseberth started making a list of our top fives in the subjects below. It was clear that our music list was not going to pass the censors, so we left that one out.
TOP 5 BREAKFASTS
- oatmeal with nuts and berries (sometimes add peanut butter or trail mix)
- bacon, eggs and avocado
- pancakes and strawberries
- waffles with real maple syrup
- Ellen's grandmother's honey almond milk french toast with cinnamon, eggs, bacon and home fries
FIVE THINGS IN OUR JERSEY POCKET
- credit card
- driver's license
- extra long sleeve windbreaker
- kitanaboy folding saw (in Al's pocket)
FIVE INJURIES WE'VE SUFFERED
- Ellen recently had a sprained ankle.
- Okay, number one wasn't bad enough: Ellen lost skin on her back during a mountain bike race last spring (which may have also caused that sinus infection she got shortly after).
- Jack was airlifted with a concussion and broken wrist after biting it hard in the gnar at Woodward, CA downhill dirt jump. He doesn't remember much else about it. No surprise.
- Scott separated his AC joint the week before CX Nationals in Austin last year.
- Case Butler ate pavement during a training road ride in Greenville and was towed to town in a boat hitched to the back of a pickup truck.
FIVE TOP SWEETS
- Sour Patch Kids
- Raw chocolate chip cookie dough (Al's favorite)
- Reece's Peanut Butter Cups
- Trolli Neon Gummy Worms
- Ellen's grandma's Buster Bars
(Above photo: JAM/NCC/Vittoria team eating breakfast at the team house in Asheville.)